You are here
The 4-month mentorship program is built around frequent conversations and activities between the mentor/mentee with the exact schedule and set of activities to be determined by the mentor and mentee. Our goal is to provide a flexible framework to allow for mentors and mentees to customize your experience to your interests and goals. We will have a few scheduled events throughout the four months, but we will be in communication with you throughout the process. We will be in communication with you throughout the process so let us know how we can best support you!
- Sharing Insights and Lessons Learned: As a mentor, what do you know now that you wished you knew when you were in your mentee's position? Have a discussion with your mentee to see how you can share your experience.
- Discussion on Challenges and Solutions: What challenges are you facing in your work? Have a discussion with your mentor to see if he or she faced similar challenges, and if so, how they overcame them.
- Include your Mentee in an Evaluation: Are you working on an evaluation? Is there a way your mentee could be part of the evaluation team to provide support to you and gain experience in conducting an evaluation?
- Critical Friends Review: Conducting one of your first evaluations? Talk to your mentor to see if they could provide some feedback on your work or answer some of your questions about the evaluation.
How we will support you during the program:
- Provide resources and guides on DME challenges: What guidance has been most useful in your career? What guidance are you looking for? We will continually highlight and share resources on some of the challenges of implementing Peacebuilding DME in an ever-changing context.
- Facilitating discussions: Using feedback from you on some of the biggest challenges mentors and mentees are facing or have faced, we will facilitate discussions so that lessons learned and insights can be shared across the mentorship program.
- Hosting webinars: We host a bi-monthly M&E Thursday Talk webinar series which we will highlight
- Mentorship Check-ins: We will check in with the mentor/mentee pairs once every month during the program to see if there are additional ways we can support you, as a mentor or a mentee, in the program to achieve your goals.
- New Ideas or Needs? Let us Know! This program is for you, let us know what is working and what is not even between check ins. Feel free to email Jack Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit feedback anonymously here.