You are here
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Darfur Monitoring Project establishes a third-party monitoring system to collect data related to the outputs and lessons learned from humanitarian programs in Darfur, Sudan funded by USAID. This program increases access to independent, verifiable data related to OFDA programming in Darfur.
The Health Specialist will provide short-term technical support and technical input into the design of the monitoring plan, the data collection methods, and the questionnaires related to data collected about health activities during Year 2 of the Darfur Monitoring Project. The Health Specialist will assist in the analysis of the data collected for health activities as necessary, and will work with the project team on developing and refining deliverables under the project. The Health Specialist may travel infrequently to Khartoum, Sudan. Estimated level of effort is approximately 20 days per year.
- Provide technical assistance with design of a monitoring plan, data collection methods, and health activity forms for the Darfur Monitoring Project.
- Serve as a resource for Health sector related questions and activities for the Darfur Monitoring Project.
- Analyze data for Health sector as necessary for monthly reporting and other periodic reports for the client.
- Assist with the development and refining of deliverables under the project.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the humanitarian, transition, or development sector working in the Health field. Two years of experience should be from conflict zones. Previous experience in Sudan is highly desirable.
- Advanced degree in public health, or a related field is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Health, oral and written communication skills, and analytic skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.