You are here
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) in Juba supports the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, learn from-, and improve USAID-funded interventions. MESP provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities. These services assist the Mission in complying with new evaluation, monitoring, and project design requirements under USAID Forward. They also include monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for leading and managing the overall complex operations of the MESP project. The COP works closely with USAID South Sudan’s Program Office, Mission technical offices, staff and management from other USAID implementing partner-operated activities, and representatives of the Government of South Sudan and other international donor stakeholders.
- Provide overall project vision, technical leadership and management.
- Achieve timely program results efficiently and in compliance USAID and US Government policies and procedures.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the contract with the USAID Mission, implementing partners, other donors, and the Government of South Sudan.
- Lead the work planning, progress, oversight, operations, and implementation by working through motivated mentored staff.
- Provide expertise on the project’s learning, knowledge and adaptive management driven, and analytical activities.
- Mentor local staff to engage capacity and actively contribute expertise to the Contract overall and provide strategic and operational direction.
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation.
- Ensure the completion of time reports, evaluation, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contract.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects
- At least five (5) years of experience as a COP or senior field management experience such as project Director, Regional Director or Country Director Roles, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- A graduate degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field, or sufficient comparable experience in building local staff and partner capacity as well as strategic planning.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability, with significant experience in conflict/post-conflict environments.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.