We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
The Institutional Learning Team
The Institutional Learning Team (ILT) sits at the heart of the organization. The Team is headed by the Director of DM&E under the leadership of the Vice President, Programs. It includes a global team of technical specialists working to support Search’s programs across the world, as well as a team of specialists who work on projects which seek to promote best practices in the field of DM&E and peacebuilding in close partnership with other organizations. This includes our DME for Peace learning platform, as well as several other projects collaborating with a dozen other partner and peer organizations. The Institutional Learning Team is global, dynamic, diverse and engaged at multiple levels of the organization internally, as well as externally, to forward the quality of design, monitoring and evaluation in peacebuilding.
We are searching for…
The Senior Program Manager for the Institutional Learning Team (ILT) manages and provides technical expertise to the portfolio of externally-focused projects. This includes oversight of multiple levels of personnel, deliverables, contracts management, and financial management. The Sr. Program Manager ensures the successful delivery of high quality and timely products for external partners and audiences, represents Search in thought-leadership through various high-level forums in the DM&E and peacebuilding space, as well as ensures continual internal gains, opportunities, and learnings to enhance Search’s programming. The Sr. Program Manager contributes to determining and revising the strategic approach of the ILT, including initiating and supporting efforts to raise resources or establish new strategic partnerships. This person collaborates extensively with external partners and peers, while seeking maximum relevance in learning and applicability for internal use. The Sr. Program Manager manages approximately five people and reports to the Director of DM&E.
The roles are responsibilities of this role include:
- Management and support for ILT External team, currently at 5 direct reports, with additional levels of management (mid-level management, junior staff, and entry level staff) expected during 2017 with continued expansion of portfolio.
- Technical expert and manager for all current externally-facing projects in the ILT portfolio (currently 9 projects), as well as future portfolio deliverables.
- Oversight of these projects including providing quality assurance, and strategic input to publications, core materials, and service provision on projects. This includes projects whose technical area includes: developmental evaluation, MERL tools and methodologies, sustainability and exit strategies and collective impact.
- Management of the DMEforPeace.org, ensuring that the platform remains relevant, visible, adaptive to needs, and accessible to partners across the developed and developing world.
- Management of the contractual, financial and compliance requirements of all contracts and agreements in the portfolio of projects, in partnership with the Finance department at HQ.
- Collaborate regularly and systematically with Search for Common Ground staff at multiple levels, to connect the internal learnings and practice towards external projects and partnerships.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership in identifying and pursuing new opportunities for ILT that demonstrate a strategic value-add both internally and externally for Search. Expected to maintain or grow the current portfolio in line with ILT strategic direction.
- Ensure external visibility and thought leadership of ILT and Search in the DME and peacebuilding space.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.