With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
The Institutional Learning Team
The Institutional Learning Team (ILT) sits at the heart of the organization. The Team is headed by the Director of DM&E under the leadership of the Vice President of Programs. It includes a global team of technical specialists working to support Search’s programs across the world, as well as a team of specialists who test emerging practices in the field of DM&E and peacebuilding in close partnership with other organizations. This includes our DME for Peace learning platform, as well as several other projects collaborating with a dozen other partner and peer organizations. The Institutional Learning Team is global, dynamic, diverse and engages at multiple levels of the organization internally, as well as externally, to push forward the quality of design, monitoring and evaluation in peacebuilding.
We are searching for…
The DME Specialist on the Institutional Learning Team (ILT) assists with management of the Stopping as Success (SAS) project focusing on locally-led and influenced exit strategies. along with key contributions on other strategic programs. S/he provides technical expertise on case studies and development of research methodology towards practical guidance for the field. This includes oversight of deliverables, contract management, and financial management of the SAS program. The DME Specialist ensures the successful delivery of high quality and timely products for external partners and audiences, as well as contributes to key fundraising opportunities and development of deliverables on other ILT strategic partnerships projects. This person collaborates extensively with external partners, peers, and donors (especially USAID), while seeking maximum relevance in learning and applicability for internal use. The DME Specialist reports to the Sr. Program Manager for ILT.
- The roles are responsibilities of this role include:
- Management of Stopping as Success core development and deliverables in partnership and under the direction of the Sr. Program Manager for ILT.
- Implementation of the exit strategy case studies as part of Search’s role on the Stopping as Success contract.
- Management of the contractual, financial and compliance requirements for Stopping as Success contract.
- Ensure utility and cross-fertilization of Search legacy efforts with new knowledge gained and tools developed on Stopping as Success.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership in identifying and pursuing new opportunities for ILT that demonstrate a strategic value-add both internally and externally for Search. Contribute to key fundraising opportunities and lead specifically identified opportunities if necessary.